Lots of news
We haven’t been very active in updating this page recently. Here is a summary of the recent (and “not so recent”) changes:
- Group: In replacement of the forum, we’ve created a new moderated group to discuss about the OpenJPEG library. All your suggestion, comments and questions are welcome.
- Version 1.1.1 has been released. Compared to version 1.0, this version of the library is more stable and has been (slightly) optimized for speed.
- OPJViewer, and multi-platform JPEG 2000 viewer based on OpenJPEG, has been developped by the DSPLab of the University of Perugia. It is available from the SVN and currently in the win32 compiled version of OpenJPEG V1.1.1
- JPWL: OpenJPEG is now compatible with the JPWL standard. This module is developped by the DSPLab of the University of Perugia.
- 16 bit files are correctly handled by OpenJPEG.
- SL: OpenJPEG is the JPEG 2000 codec used in the Open Source version of Second Life.